Ten Easy Relaxation Techniques
The following ten easy relaxation techniques will guide you through the basic stages of relaxation. Once you understand this basic outline you will have a simple, quick, and effective stress method for recognizing and reducing symptoms of stress before they can accumulate.
- Pause, and relax into a comfortable position with spine straight.
- Become aware of your surroundings.
- Breathe awareness into your body. Exhale long and slow, sighing, ahh...trust gravity. Allow inhalations to fill you effortlessly.
- Scan your body for signs of tensions.
- Smile tenderly to yourself, remembering, "I don't need to squeeze so tightly."
- Open and gently soften around any tension or pain.
- Eyes soft, jaw relaxed, arms heavy and warm, mind at ease, rest and be energized by the release of free-flowing life around you.
- Picture in your mind your next activity and imagine carrying this feeling of ease and energy into action.
- Gently open your focus to be aware of the space around you.
- Carry this calm vitality into action.
Experience this free flow at work. Share it with others.
[Adapted from the book "The Fine Arts of Relaxation, Concentration, and Meditation" by Joel & Michelle Levey]
Return from Ten Easy Relaxation Techniques to Relaxation Techniques